This departments aim is to provide housing for socially and economically weaker sections of the society through effective implementation of Central and State housing schemes.
- Provide affordable housing for EWS throughout the State.
- Promote Cost-effective building technologies specially in Rural areas through strengthening of Nirmithi Kendras and establishing new Kendras.
- Transparency and Efficiency in Management.
- The Company promotes Self-Help housing and supports the initiative of the beneficiaries. The Company has taken the following initiatives.
- Selection of beneficiaries is only from the eligible houseless list approved in the Gram Sabha.
- The beneficiary has the first option to construct the house on his own initiative. Construction assistance is provided by the Company, if required by the beneficiary.
- Nirmithi Kendras, through Model Houses, demonstrate the practical usage of cost effective technology and housing concepts like Core housing, Incremental housing, sites and services etc.